Saturday, September 12, 2015

See Graduate Arrested For Vandalising Petroleum Pipeline

The Oyo State Police Command has arrested a Biochemistry graduate of the Federal Polytechnic, Offa, Ayotunde Adedapo (29), with petroleum products scooped from vandalized pipelines.

Also arrested are Taofeek Hamzat(45) and Nurudeen Adegbite (40). The commissioner of Police in the state, Leye Oyebade, said during the parade of the suspects that they were arrested with two Bedford buses with registration number LSR 822 XF and AKD 709 XE at Bare village, off Ajanla, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. The buses were transporting 13 drums of fuel to Ibadan.

He said, 
“Some unpatriotic Nigerians have been vandalising petroleum pipelines in various locations in the state, causing financial loss to the country. During an intensive routine patrol of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, the state highway police accosted three suspects with 13 200-litre drums in two buses.” 
Adedapo said he was lured into the business by a man now at large and that he was instructed to bring buses and the drums. 
Adedapo said, “I was arrested with vandalised fuel products. I met a man in a public transport while coming from a job interview in Lagos. The bus was travelling to Ibadan. We began to discuss and in the process, I told that him I am a graduate but without work. I attended Federal Polytechnic, Offa with a certificate in Biochemistry. 
“The man told me the business he would introduce me to would give me so much money. In the night, he called me again and said that I should arrange buses and plastic drums and meet him at toll gate in Ibadan. 
“We drove in the night to a place and we stopped at a junction. They took over the bus from the drivers and drove deeper into the bush with all headlights off. I wanted to go in and see what was happening but a guy blocked me. About one and a half hours later, they returned and we drove back towards Ibadan. We were arrested on the way back to Ibadan.” 
The suspect said when he offered money for the product, it was rejected by the stranger he met in the bus. 
“He did not tell me the fuel was from vandalised pipes. I thought it came from those people who sold fuel along the expressway at cheaper rate. I gave him some money but he just said that I should go and sell and he would call me to collect the proceeds later,” he added.
Punch 

6 comments:

  1. Lazy men,,its good they were arrested..they should use them as an example

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pathetic! Have you heard the New Nigerian National Anthem? Anticipate #PromiseLand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y graduate no go do dat kind tin. Well, na still laziness if I may say. Am also a graduate and am working hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why now, see what you put your self now

    ReplyDelete

===> Follow Chi-Chi Nwa' Africa On BBM Channel C0032A9BF To Get Update On Latest News, Entertainment, Sports, Opinion, Relationship, And Lots More...