Sunday, September 13, 2015

Floyd Mayweather Resigns From Boxing After Beating Berto Into A Pulp

Floyd Mayweather announced he was quitting boxing after defeating Andre Berto by a landslide of 118-110, 117-111 and 120-108 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on Saturday. In his statement after the defeat, the 49-year-old undefeated boxer said;

"You have to know when to hang it up. I'm knocking at the door; I'm close to 40 years old. I've been in this sport 19 years, been a world champion 18 years, broke all the records. There's nothing else to prove in the sport of boxing. My 49-0 is part of boxing. Records are made to be broken. Hopefully, some day we can find the next Floyd Mayweather." 
I'm leaving the sport with all my faculties; I'm still sharp and smart. I've accomplished everything in this sport, there's nothing left to accomplish. Money doesn't make me. I make money." 
Now it's time to spend time with my family and children, make sure they get the proper education. I also want to help the fighters under the Mayweather banner."
He is undefeated as a professional and is a five-division world champion, having won twelve world titles and the lineal championship in four different weight classes. Mayweather, has made an estimated $650 million in career earnings.

4 comments:

  1. He had a swell career...congrats bros

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omo dis guy is a legend of boxing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Original bad ass! I wish him all d best. And that speech was phenomenal. Have you heard the New Nigerian National Anthem? Anticipate #PromiseLand.

    ReplyDelete

===> Follow Chi-Chi Nwa' Africa On BBM Channel C0032A9BF To Get Update On Latest News, Entertainment, Sports, Opinion, Relationship, And Lots More...