Sunday, February 15, 2015

CCNA Readers How Did You Spend Valentine’s Day? Some Lagos Residents Talk About How They Celebrated

2015 Valentine's day celebration has come and gone, and I know many of CCNA readers had fun. Some 'Lagosians' said on Saturday that the Valentine’s Day celebration was low key due to the economic situation in the country.

Some of them told News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in separate interviews that because of the current state of the economy, most Nigerians now operate on a tight budget.

Oluwaseyi Adefowose, a banker said that the rise in the Naira-Dollar exchange rate had affected a lot of Nigerians during the Valentine’s Day celebrations.

“So many people do not have money to celebrate Valentine’s Day.

People now plan their finances around more serious and important commitments, Valentine celebration is certainly not most people’s priority now,’’ he said.

Temitope Ayilara, an engineer, said that the country’s economic condition had called for cautious spending.

“Most people prefer to stay at home and manage their little resources than celebrate Valentine’s Day in an elaborate manner,’’ he said.

Cynthia Fidelis, Manager of Jayvibes Entertainment at Sweet Sensation, Lagos, said that Nigerians were more concerned about addressing their pressing needs.

“Most people have not paid their children’s school fees and you are talking about Valentine.

The Nigerian government needs to work on the current economic situation in the country,’’ she said.
so,how did your go?

13 comments:

  1. Just like ordinary day



    #GodblessNigeria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valentine ko, valentine ni


    I shaa spent it reading, commenting on CCNA and watching “Gone Girl” where Nick Dunne made me realise I overate my banter skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was suppose to b fun day...but with d harsh economy n employers of labor taking advantage on d govt failures,,,I had to work that saturday.....ko easy rara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dey inside ma house kankpe. Hmmm! "Uwaifo don talk e own o".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dyed my hair, I drove(Learner), and lastly I played ps2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daaaaaa,,no go they...ps2,,I swear u go chop am for my hand oh

      Delete
    2. Lol.. Igwee!!!!!! I still b learner o

      Delete
  6. Went to play Lawn Tennis jejely o. Na Iranu dey bring val.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was really fun for me. Cos is my day so I fit dull myself at all from bitch to club

    ReplyDelete
  8. As per #singlelady, i Spent my day making it special for my parents. Small actions make big differences.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun all d way,went for couple conference, but for married and unmarried, after which we had dinner

    ReplyDelete

===> Follow Chi-Chi Nwa' Africa On BBM Channel C0032A9BF To Get Update On Latest News, Entertainment, Sports, Opinion, Relationship, And Lots More...