Monday, April 6, 2015

Outgoing President, Goodluck Jonathan, Happy To Be Leaving Office, Says - "I was Caged For 16 Years"

Nigeria's Outgoing President Good­luck Jonathan has admitted that since 1999 when he became Depu­ty Governor of his home state of Bayelsa, he has been in one kind of cage or the other where govern­ment took care of all his needs.

The President, who reflected on his 16- year sojourn in politics, told Abuja residents who paid Easter homage to him at the State House on Sunday that he has had enough and would love to go home. President Jonathan also stated that he considered himself the luckiest Nigerian ever.

He stated;
 “For me as an individual, this Easter coincides with the time I am leaving but I always say that I am one of the luckiest Nigerians. I am yet to see somebody luckier than me. 
“From 1999, I was in the hands of government for 16 years. Not just in government as a parlia­mentarian because if you are a Senator or House of Representa­tives member, you take care of yourself, you live in your own house. 
“I was in a cage, being taken care of by the government. From May 29, 1999 to date; 16 good years. I think it is enough and I am hap­py, help me to thank God for that. 
“I will continue to thank Nigeri­ans for giving me that privilege. I became deputy governor because Bayelsans voted for me and my governor then. I became a Vice President because Nigerians vot­ed for Yar’Adua and myself. 
“I continued in 2011 because Nigerians voted for me and Ar­chitect Namadi Sambo. I have to thank all Nigerians. Wherever I will be, I will remain grateful to this great country. Today is a glo­rious day for me,” 
The President urged Nigerians to be ready to make sacrifices for the survival of the government ir­respective of who is the President at a given time. He said even since his days as deputy governor in his home state, he kept telling people that what he needed from them was patriotism and not loyalty. He said nation building de­pends on sacrifice and patriotism. 

He recalled the examples of sol­diers and policemen who he said were dying daily in their fight against Boko Haram for others to live. Vice President Namadi Sambo, who led the delegation thanked the President for his efforts, add­ing that he had become a better person after working with Jona­than for five years. 

Also Present at the event were Minister of FCT, Bala Moham­med; Minister of State, FCT, Oloye Olajumoke Akinjide; Sena­tor representing FCT, Philip Adu­da, Deputy Governor of Sokoto, Muktar Shagari among other dig­nitaries.

17 comments:

  1. You are indeed lucky but I don't believe in luck so let me say you are blessed God will honor you sir

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one my forever President God bless you plenty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tats ma presido... I lov dis man.... best presidnt eva... god bles u sir

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a big LIE cx everybody in Naija knows that he had an agreement with OBI n other party members, in short he even declared publicly that he's not running for second term which caused his beef with OBJ....if he's really contented and caged he shudnt hv come for reelection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If he wasn't CONTENT (check your grammar), he would not have willingly accepted defeat. Even you or your favourite candidate would have made it a do-or-die affair, so hold your peace!
      As for me, Jonathan still remains Nigeria's best president yet!

      Delete
    2. Sorry bros no vex! We b don 4get say u na member PDPboard of trustee whn e make d agreement with baba. FYI that's d waay a statesman should talk. Whn Buhari lost d last election he was sreaming that bboth monkey and baboon would b soaked in blood and we've not 4gotten how any corpers and southerners were slain on d acount of dat statement. So just shut that gutter u call a mouth there. Hmmm! "Uwaifo don talk e own o".

      Delete
    3. Hahaha....bros lawal I understand ur grieve...nobody will taste power n wish to let go....just give d man some credit

      Delete
  5. Lawal beta kip quiet...nd stop allowin triabalism cloud ur tinkin..... jst read ur statement wah sense does it make... cn u hear urslf talkn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great guy! I first talk am say dis Halliru na melu. U can actually feel it from d way he talks. Hmmm! "Uwaifo don talk e own o".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes ur a lucky man but u no d cage while stealing our money oh.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Afor point of correction I don't hv a favorite candidet, whether Muslim or Christian, Northerner, East or South I hold no grudge with anybody cuz Naija is not a Muslim or Christian state. All I want is for our country to get outta dis hardship we r xperiencing...seems u r new here or u don't follow people's comments. This bastard uwaifo has always been going against North, every average Nigerian knows that we r left behind under the outgoing ruling party. As for u mista god who's been making noise, I don't have ur time now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Halliru shut up there and stop playing patriot. We all kno u're biased. Idiota! Hmmm! "Uwaifo don talk e own o".

    ReplyDelete

===> Follow Chi-Chi Nwa' Africa On BBM Channel C0032A9BF To Get Update On Latest News, Entertainment, Sports, Opinion, Relationship, And Lots More...