Sunday, February 15, 2015

Popular Comedian, Helen Paul Reveals How Her Husband Met And ‘Toasted Her’

Nigerian Comedian, musician and The Sun Awards 2014 co-anchor, Helen Paul Bamisile aka Tatafo, is blessed with a unique voice that has made her one of Nigeria’s most sought after comics. In this chat with the sun, the rib-cracker opens up on her career and how she met her husband. Read below;

How did you come into comedy?
I started when I was a little girl. I used to be very funny and did things to make people laugh at home. I always changed my voice to a little girl’s voice anytime I felt like playing pranks. Although, I always told my parents that I would love to be a teacher, it turned out that comedy runs in my veins. Those days I always followed my friends to events to perform as a comedian without being paid; that was basically how I started.
When was the first time you were paid for a job and how much was it?
My sister, I can’t really say but I could remember vividly that it amounted to just a few pennies back then but I was so excited that I was earning money. That encouraged me to put in more effort so I could get to the top of my career. Now I am one of the best comedians in the whole world. I give Glory to the maker of my soul.
 You are currently studying for your PhD. What inspired that move?
I believe in research. I am not doing my PhD to impress anybody. I am doing it because I want to give more depth to my job. I am not the only comedian studying for a PhD in the industry. The difference is that for me, it is not about the certificate which I won’t be counting on because I don’t see it as a big deal. I have never used my certificate to secure a job before so it is all about the research.
 How did you meet your husband?
I was working as a secretary in his organization and he saw me as a pretty lady that could bear him beautiful kids. The truth is my husband is not too handsome and that was why he proposed to a Queen like me (laughter). I was working for him and he liked me and proposed to me and I accepted at once.
 Is he in support of your comedy profession?
My lovely husband is my back bone. He is the one that has always encouraged me to put up my best. I love him so much because he is a very understanding man; he is not a dreams killer. He uses all he has to support me in my career and is fully in support of my dreams.
 Has he ever made you cry?
No, I have never experienced that in my life and I will never experience it. But there was a time when something happened. I had just delivered one of my babies and I had a big event to anchor and it was coming with big money. I told my husband to let me go but he refused. I cried and begged him but he insisted and paid me more than the money I was offered for the event. But the truth is the money never moved me at all and I told him that it was not about the money but the crowd I am going to face. I was not too happy with his action.
 Could you share your happiest moment with us?
I am always happy. I’ve never had sad moments. I know my job is to make people laugh so going by that fact, I never remember any of my sad moments.
 Has a male fan asked you for an affair before?
(Laughter) Nigerian men are very responsible; that is what I like about them. Nigerian men don’t do married women. They can date divorcees but not married women. I have never experienced anything like that ever since I got married.

14 comments:

  1. Wa o that is and she enjoying her marriage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dis girl is insanely talented. Knew it from d day I heard her voice on radio. Hmmm! "Uwaifo don talk e own o".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I love d last words of hers....I guess she will still repeat same words when she discovers what her husband does behind her...no man is a saint...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you no longer read only headings as chichi Alleged. Lol


      #GodblessNigeria

      Delete
  4. nor b only u o@obinna.. I like that last word..up Naija men

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol.. she said her husband is not that handsome, make she reach house today, she go cry

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, when she changes her voice.

    big talent

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very talented chic


    #GodblessNigeria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tatafo comedienne, tatafo musician, tatafo
    actress, tatafo presenter, what else. no doubt you are talented,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats nice. so in other words she married her boss

    ReplyDelete

===> Follow Chi-Chi Nwa' Africa On BBM Channel C0032A9BF To Get Update On Latest News, Entertainment, Sports, Opinion, Relationship, And Lots More...