Monday, August 3, 2015

Igbos The Problem Of Africa By Francisca Olisakwe - Do You Agree With This Article?

Hmm, this was sent in by Francisca, site owner @ www.francaolisa.com. After reading I thought it best to leave you all to read and drop your opinions on this article below;
If you disagree with this statement made by a Thailand officer then, you need to justify this with facts.
As for me, I strongly believe that Igbos cannot be the problem of Africa. The three major problems are corrupt leaders, Eager-to-get-rich syndrome, and high level of uncivilization. The Igbos has for long time stereotyped as “lovers of money” this is an unacceptable stigma. They are business inclined, that’s why it looks as if all of them love money. They are very hard working and creative. 
Saying you are not proud is like saying you are proud to be a slave in another man's country. I rather say am not happy with the conditions in this country. 
Although, I am very angry with particularly some of our Nigerian men, they have showed how ignorance they can be in the Western world. A Nigerian who travels to another country always have money in his mind. He is simply out there to do any illegal business to make millions, then come back to Nigerian; buy the latest car, chase all the Nigerian women, show off his money. Research has showed that it’s majorly the Igbos' who does these things, that’s why they have been stigmatized. But generally, Nigerians has brought disgrace to our motherland. “What a shame!” When on a Skype chat/interview with foreigners, a times I feel ashamed to say I am a Nigerian, because of the disgrace our people has brought upon us, but never mind I still reluctantly make the proclamation!
Nigerians has been for long branded as one of the highest scammers in the world and they are on the top list of one of the highest corrupt nations of the world. What has late former president Yaradua’s agenda done to Nigeria during his regime!? What’s all about this recent Jonathan’s Transformation!? What does he want to transform after 4 years he has spent on the hot seat!? Nothing! Nothing! Most Nigerian politicians are criminals! They are simply out there to enrich themselves. They are insatiable! No good vision for us. 
One day a Canadian man (name withheld) asked me one question that got me marveled, “I heard that the Igbos love money?” what was my answer… I simply said, that’s just people’s opinion or believe. I see it as a day of reckoning based on what happened in the past, the war between the Hausas and the Igbos; the Hausas won the war because one foolish Igbo man received bribe to betray his people, I believe that the Igbos have learnt their lessons and have woken up from their slumber. Notwithstanding, every tribe of the world is known for a particular thing they are bad at doing. 
Therefore, let us stop judging the surface structure and get to the deep structure. What I meant by this is, let us not judge base on what we here, living the main people at the top who contributed immensely to these problems. 
We can join hands and rebrand Nigeria. Let us stop judging one another and know that we are one Nigeria. I think the government has a major role to play in this; he should look into the constitution and set up a new law basically for the Nigerians in Diaspora. Anyone found in the Western world, committing any offence will also face the law here in Nigeria. The person will be properly dealt with. 
We should join hands and make Nigeria a better place by setting up and belonging to an association that teaches morals. This is my own suggestion.
NWT, what do you all think, are Igbo's Africa's problem today?

13 comments:

  1. I buy most of her point...but this phrase "igbo's loves money"...that's what I can't accept...no man on earth dnt love money no matter the tribe,,what's makes us different is our never say no attitude....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally disagree meaning what nao almost

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's better we do away wit all these claim and stand for the truth or else, dis is where our politicians and religious leaders will get to us by giving us garri to take wat belongs to us. Nigeria unite!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true...this guys cheating is unbearable...

      Delete
  4. Though every tribe has her own idiosyncracies, Me I like the strength of d average igbo person, their business savy nature. Truth is that they're a source of pride to d black race.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm...dnt tell me ur after that igbo gal...

      Delete
    2. Ahahaha! Olovo me just like igbo pipo me no get eye 4 any igbo girl @ all. U no see that body builder from onistha wey ChiChi show us in d morning? Huzo wan kill am. Ahahahaha! Have you heard the New Nigerian National anthem? Anticipate #PromiseLand

      Delete
  5. Let's not single out a tribe for praise or criticism, we all need to be together and stand as one so as to move forward

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I no like money but I like dollers n British pounds ..lol

      Delete

===> Follow Chi-Chi Nwa' Africa On BBM Channel C0032A9BF To Get Update On Latest News, Entertainment, Sports, Opinion, Relationship, And Lots More...