Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Which Of This Woman Says Beauty To YOU!? (Photo)

In contrast to the constant barrage of women's fashion magazines declaring what is attractive, photographer Mihaela Noroc set off on a journey around the world -- and found that beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.

The Romanian traveled to 37 different countries, where she often met women simply walking the street and took stunning portraits of them, highlighting what is considered desirable in different cultures.

From the freezing, chaffing Tibetan Plateau near the Himalayas to the sultry tropics of South America, Noroc, 29, entitled her startling and revealing project, 'The Atlas of Beauty.'

At times spending only 30 seconds with each subject and traveling only with her camera and a backpack, Noroc tried to take pictures of young women all in their twenties.

She explained in a statement to Daily Mail Online 'I'm a [29-year-old] female photographer from Romania that quit her boring job and started a new life. Two years ago I took my backpack, my camera and begun to travel around the globe, with savings made in years of working.

'In this journey I photographed hundreds of natural women surrounded by their culture. My project is called 'The Atlas Of Beauty' and is about our planet's diversity shown through portraits of women.'

Noroc said she visited a variety of locations, including favelas in Brazil and 'rough neighborhoods of Colombia,' as well as an Iranian mosque and the Amazon rainforest.

She said in her statement 'Now I can say that beauty is everywhere, and it’s not a matter of cosmetics, money, race or social status, but more about being yourself.

'Global directions make us look and behave the same, but we are all beautiful because we are different. In the end, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and the beholder is always somebody else.'

Noroc added 'When I photograph a woman I talk a lot, I try to to make her feel special, proud and unique. I can get along in 5 languages and this helps me a lot, but in some countries, talking becomes body language.

'I prefer to photograph natural faces, without a lot of make-up, and to capture that moment of sincerity and serenity that is so specific for women.

8 comments:

===> Follow Chi-Chi Nwa' Africa On BBM Channel C0032A9BF To Get Update On Latest News, Entertainment, Sports, Opinion, Relationship, And Lots More...