Sunday, January 4, 2015

This Is The 1999 Letter Dora Akunyili Wrote Buhari When She Returned PTF Money

Back in 1998, when Dora Akunyili was the Zonal Secretary (South-east) of the Petroleum (Special) Trust Fund, she had travelled to the United States to get a cancer treatment surgery. Gen. Buhari who was then as the PTF Chairman approved £17,100 for her medical treatment.

Pictured above is the 1999 letter from late Dora to Gen Buhari, thanking him for his approval and also letting him know that she was returning £12,000 of the £17,100 as doctors decided surgery was not needed.

On Akunyili's letter returning money, GMB wrote:
"See that there are still Nigerians with personal integrity. Please take action in line with PTF financial regulations"

17 comments:

  1. Wow....that's really interesting....well,I hope he wins...let our vote speaks....GMB has been able to convince me..he might get my vote come next month who knows..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol,so na u dey talk like this after u don pursue kasim for this ground

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No,u get me all wrong...kasim mix politics with religion n was too sentimental...also he was too quick to abuse others from christian background....I don't hate buhari because of his faith...not until recently I ask google about GMB n I was convince beyond doubt his track record is better than GEJ....d only fear I hv is,,if his mind will not be corrupt with our dubious ways of politics n if he will be bold to deal with all this criminal politicians of ours...that's y I said I will real love to be part of this debate oh...

      Delete
    2. @Olovo, I challenge you to mention anybody I did abuse here on religious ground, aside from trying to make you understand that the post we argued on was wrong. If otherwise, please I will urge you not to tag me again.

      Delete
  3. Hmmmm. Nice one.. He is trying....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm! GMB try for dia dat one no mean say him go get my vote o! And as for Dora, she was an exceptional woman. An amazon 2 d marrow. Hmmm "Uwaifo don talk e own o"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waiting for more news buhari hmm ok nao

    ReplyDelete
  6. The letter still holds no ground, nobe buhari return the money, na Dora return am.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We Jst pray dis year won't bloody one

    ReplyDelete
  8. Olovo has a point,again make buhari no daint e good name,well ka chineke mezie Okwu,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nigeria lost a lady with rare integrity, RIP Dora!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If only we get gud ppl plenty lyk dis woman dis country 4 dey move forward small

    ReplyDelete

===> Follow Chi-Chi Nwa' Africa On BBM Channel C0032A9BF To Get Update On Latest News, Entertainment, Sports, Opinion, Relationship, And Lots More...